Congratulations! You’ve chosen an amazing and rewarding career path: becoming a special needs sleep consultant. Or perhaps you’re wondering whether special needs certification is for you. Whichever is the case, you’ll need the best classes for special needs sleep consultant careers.
Special needs sleep certification is different from becoming a standard sleep consultant. Special needs children with sleep issues are struggling with more than just settling down for the night. That means you need specific classes geared toward helping this vulnerable population.
Good news — I’m here to help! Our school offers the only baby sleep consultant certification for helping special needs children. And that’s good, because as someone considering this enriching and flexible career, you need the best, most knowledgeable courses.
My students who have pursued this career are among the brightest, most caring, and most motivated individuals I know. I’m already proud of you — but you are probably wondering just what courses you’ll need. So I’ve compiled the information you’ll need to become a certified special needs sleep expert. Read on!
How is Special Needs Sleep Consulting Different?
Glad you asked! And it’s a smart question. Training a special needs toddler or preschooler involves some key differences from the usual sleep methods.
What do you need to know? How is sleep training different for a special needs infant? And where do you begin?
Here’s what you need to consider, and the best classes to take so you’re successful in your future career. But first, let’s talk about the top reasons being a baby special needs sleep consultant is such an awesome choice.
Special Needs Sleep Consulting is a GREAT Choice
Special needs infant sleep consulting is rewarding in so many ways. Yes, including financial! But you get so much more out of helping clients have harmony in their home.
But you do need that certification. It is difficult for parents of special needs kids to trust a company or individual unless they have certification.
Top reasons to seek certification for your amazing future career include:
- Expertise. Being certified in this specialty shows you have a deep understanding of the unique sleep challenges special needs children face.
- Tailored Solutions: With your knowledge of issues such as autism, sensory processing disorder, OCD and ADHD, you’ll be able to customize plans for the client. Over time, you will be respected as someone who can provide effective guidance in this area.
- Trust and Credibility: I can not tell you how rewarding it is to know you are seen as an expert in your field. Being certified adds credibility to your practice. That means clients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals are more likely to trust your expertise when seeking guidance for sleep issues related to special needs.
- An Expanded Client Base: Specializing in this niche will attract clients who require specialized knowledge. That means the potential for broadening your client base and an increase in demand for your services.
- Personal Fulfilment: This is a BIG one. Certified specialized sleep consultants find working with special needs children to be personally rewarding. They also gain an incomparable sense of satisfaction for making a significant positive impact on the lives of these individuals and their families. Can there be any better feeling than that?
- Networking Opportunities: Most certifications come with the opportunity to connect with other professionals in the field. This can lead to collaborations, referrals, and a broader support network.
- Ongoing Learning: Your certification will involve ongoing education. You will stay up-to-date with the latest research and techniques in special needs so your skills stay sharp and in-demand.
Which Children Need the Services of a Special Needs Sleep Consultant?
When you choose your courses, make sure they cover the most common special needs that cause sleep issues.
These will probably include:
- Anxiety Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
Medical issues should be left to professionals. So if, for example, your client’s child was a preemie or needs tube-feeding or oxygen, you’ll need at least a nursing degree. For now, your classes should focus on child issues that are not medically imminent.
What Else Should Your Special Needs Sleep Course Cover?
Strategies are important. But as you’ve probably guessed, there’s more to it than that.
A great special needs sleep certification course should teach you all of the following:
- How to spot special needs in a young child
- Current data, such as the prevalence of the disorder
- Signs and symptoms (remember, you will NOT be diagnosing; instead, this information will help you guide the parents to their next steps)
- Causes and risk factors
These will give you the background you need in order to best address your client’s issues.
Each special needs sleep course should also include these:
- Strategies to help your client’s special needs child fall asleep safely and comfortably
- Strategies to help manage the disorder (such as activities)
Ready to Get Started? Let’s Go!
Once you’ve decided to become a certified special needs sleep consultant, we’ll help you get there.
Our Certified Special Needs Sleep Certification covers everything you need to learn to earn your certificate. We’re proud to offer the most comprehensive classes at a reasonable rate, including payment plans.
Plus, you can do it from your own home – and in your own time. (Our students LOVE this flexibility.)
Whether you’re just getting started or are looking to boost your credibility with clients, we have the right course for you. Choosing to become a certified special needs sleep consultant changes lives — and gives you the income and flexibility you’ve been dreaming of.
Check out our special needs sleep consultant page here for a breakdown of the classes you’ll need. We can guide you to the best classes for special needs sleep consultant careers. Don’t put off the ideal career. Contact us today and find out how to get started.