Attention nannies! My students who have taken a sleep training course for nannies are more in demand and they’re paid better. That’s because parents need their sleep — and they’re seeking caregivers with this important skill.
If you love being a nanny, but you’d also love to earn more income as a much in-demand employee, here’s everything you need to know.
In This Article:
- Parents Are Seeking Certified Sleep Expert Nannies
- What is Baby Sleep Training?
- Why You NEED a Sleep Training Course for Nannies
- About Sleep Training Courses For Nannies
- Schools: Watch Out For THESE Red Flags
- Ready to Take Your Career to the Next Level?
Parents Are Seeking Certified Sleep Expert Nannies
Infant Sleep Consulting is a newer industry that’s absolutely blowing up among parents everywhere. Why? Because:
- Parents need their sleep!
- Many new moms and dads struggle with baby sleep training.
- Nannies spend a great deal of time with babies, so they’re the natural choice for teaching babies to sleep.
- When a baby sleeps through the night, the entire household is happier.
Certified knowledge about infant sleep can boost your nanny career in ways you never imagined. And it can boost your income, too. (See below for details.)
What is Baby Sleep Training?
Baby sleep training is a method of teaching babies to sleep on their own.
A baby who is correctly sleep trained snoozes through the night (defined as 6-8 hours). They also go down for naps much more easily. You can see why this is such an in-demand addition to your nanny resume!
Baby sleep training is not letting a baby “cry it out” in the traditional sense. Instead, you will:
- Establish a routine; Bath, Book and Bed is the most popular method.
- Create a sleep plan. (That’s all covered in our course — read on for the details.)
- Put baby down when they are sleepy but not fully asleep.
- Gently remind Baby that you’re there if they are crying.
- Be there to emotionally support new moms.
- Know when to refer parents to a specialist.
Why You NEED a Sleep Training Course for Nannies
If you want to be trusted as a sleep consultant, you need a sleep training course for nannies. Why? Because you need to be certified in order to be trusted.
Becoming certified as an infant sleep consultant:
- Makes you more trustworthy to clients.
- Shows clients you take your job seriously.
- Adds professionalism. (Remember, you need a certification for this!)
- Shows clients you can offer more than the average nanny.
- Can earn you more money at your nanny job.
It’s important not to simply say you have first-hand knowledge, but to show your clients your certification. So how do you get certified?
About Sleep Training Courses For Nannies
In order to be certified, you will need to complete several key courses. Make sure you take the right classes, including the science of infant sleep, breast feeding support, potential legal issues, sleep strategies, and creating a sleep plan for your clients.
Schools: Watch Out For THESE Red Flags
As I was developing my sleep consultant course, I found a number of “schools” that offer discount rates. The least expensive I have come across was just $275. Another offers sleep “training” for $575.
It’s important to know that such programs are usually incomplete. You cannot call yourself a certified sleep consultant unless you have taken a complete training course for nannies.
Look out for these red flags:
- The school offers a “program” for very little money.
- The school offers a “weekend program” to get certified. (Pro tip: that’s impossible!)
- The website is brand-new.
- The website isn’t intuitive and is difficult to navigate.
- The course director is not available to answer your questions.
- The course is not prominently featured on social media, such as Instagram and Facebook.
Ready to Take Your Career to the Next Level?
When I began working as a certified sleep consultant, I found that friends, family and social media contacts were interested, too. But they kept running into the problems I listed above. Scams are WAY more common than you think.
That’s why I started my Baby Sleep Certification course. It addresses everything you need, and classes are led by experts, including RNs, MDs, and attorneys.
Best of all, you can complete the course on your own time so you can continue working while you’re learning.
Ready to take your career to places (and an income!) you’ve only dreamed of? Enroll today for my sleep training course for nannies. You’ll be advised by email once you’re accepted. I look forward to seeing you in class!
Amp Your Career.
Boost Your Income.